Entryfield framework for PHP
- Allow full-featured lists with multiline update.
- Natively multilingual.
- Easy to change the design of your web application, thanks to its integrated template engine.
- Builds web applications easy to put from one place to another,
without changing any line of code.
- Opensource under MIT license.
An updating list with search function and page turning function may take 150 or 200 lines of code.
- Easy to masterize for a developer working alone, while allowing easy collaboration.
- Contains a routing mechanisme to allow long urls.
- Small footprint : code is about 200 KO / 5000 LoC.
- Stability regarding PHP evolutions (works from PHP 5.3 to PHP 7+).
- Once a web application built, facilitates the maintenance.
- Doesn't use command line or code generation.
Methodic and well organized
- If you know PHP you know WSOD (white screen of death) :( .
A special work is done to provide readable Exceptions and avoid WSOD when using EntryField.
- For a given functionality of your web application, all business logic may be written in one place.
- The framework provides a structural guide about how to build your web application.
(but you may choose another structure)
- Non invasive, can coexist with other techniques or frameworks.
- Framework code conform to PSR/2 coding standard.
- Doesn't rely on a given EDI (Integrated Development Environment).
- The framework itself is object-oriented. The use of the framework may be OO or not.
- Code organization based on MVC (Model / View / Controller)
- Allows to build state-of-the-art responsive applications
The example application is responsive :)
- A Framework built for PHP applications with a SQL database.
- Tested OK with MySql and Sqlite. Based on PDO : other SQL databases will work.
- Not interesting if you don't want to build web sites and web applications
- You certainly have to know PHP, HTML, CSS to use it ;)
- No advantage if you don't intend to use SQL
- Do not build high traffic pages with big updating lists.
You can not have your server and eat it ;)